The following documents are to be found in the archives and library of the Museum Tinguely (September 2015):
- Prints, posters and reproductions by Jean Tinguely
- c. 850 autographs and 500 drawings by Jean Tinguely
- Some autographs and drawings by Eva Aeppli and Niki de Saint Phalle
- Exhibition catalogues, monographs, books and reviews on Jean Tinguely and other artists of the 20th century
- Audio and video recordings on CDs and DVDs
- A vast photographic documentation with originals and contemporary copies by world famous photographers
- Chronological survey of the artist’s exhibitions from 1956 to 1991
- Chronological survey of the exhibitions at the Museum Tinguely
- Chronological survey of press reviews on the artist and his work
The collection covers all the publications, documents and various other materials of information by and on Jean Tinguely and his times; furthermore lexica and essays on art of the 20th century as well as «grey literature» (brochures, invitation cards, posters, flyers and press clippings)
Thanks to the complex collection of this monographic museum, the archives offer a unique site for research in relation to Jean Tinguely.
The library may be consulted on the spot.
In order to visit and consult the library and archives advance notification in writing is mandatory.